Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Switch-a-roo

As we know, I was going to write a feature article in the school newspaper about our school's carbon footprint and how it compares with schools across the country. Well, that wasn't working out. My sources were not answering my questions but, instead, were referring me to other people, who referred me to other people as well. There was too much data and information I need by the due date of this project. I was very frustrated because none of this was my fault; my only contacts and sources turned out to be unreliable ones. I did everything I could to get the information and I ended up getting nothing in return.



I changed gears. Something I research for my previous idea influenced my new project idea. Diet and food trends are everywhere. They're advertised on TV, the internet, in store windows, and even at work. They appear to have magical affects, and try to convince their audience that all you have to do is take this pill and watch the weight disappear. Obviously, in the real world, this is not true. The most practical, realistic, and healthiest way to lose weight is a healthy diet and exercise. I'm going to film a quick five minute video showing the healthy food trends of 2009 and post it on the school newspaper's website, following it with a brief summary. This can be easily accessed by not only Branford students, but to any student who has internet access. I'm excited to begin.

No comments: