Friday, December 5, 2008

This I Can't Believe

After writing my This I Believe essay, I recorded it using a headset and the Audacity recording program. Initially I thought if I recorded myself speaking that my message and moral would have a stronger effect on the reader. When I read a book, I am narrating the story in my head. If I'm in a bad mood, I add a negative tone to the story. This may not be the tone or attitude the author wishes the reader to have. Since I recorded the story that I wrote, the reader will have a better understanding of how I want them to interpret it. For example, when I was recording the part of my story when I had a revelation, I spoke a bit louder with a brighter, more optimistic tone. I wanted the reader to hear how delighted I was to finally get past my obsticle of selfishness and how accomplished I felt. Also, I was happy that I read my essay for grammar purposes. I didn't realize how awkwardly I had described what I saw in Venezuela until I read it outloud. Hearing myself say some of the poorly written sentences outloud helped me to edit and revise them accordingly.

Although I did enjoy recording my story, I can't believe how rediculous I sound! I sound much different when I speak than I do in a recording. After I came to the realization that I sound like that to other people, I decided that I did not like this assignment very much after all. I think that when my voice is recorded that I end up sounding unintelligent and fake, although I'm neither. That's all I have to say about that

No comments: