Friday, December 12, 2008

Final...y

Our final projectfor journalism is very simple. We are required to choose a topic that interests us. Then we must utitlize the internet to research it and present the information using some sort of internet or publically aplicable software to present our final product. It sounds really easy. A bit too easy for me. Without academic structure I am clueless. In classes that are mostly self-taught research classes there is no way I can fend for myself. I am very much lost. I had very little idea of what I would do for my final because the topic was so broad and a bit vague. So the first thing I did was analyze some interests of mine. The only one I feel strongly enough to pursue was environmental issues. I consulted with Mr. Miller and asked him to give me an assignment so I could focus more time on my final assignment than thinking about what my final assignment should be.

We decided that I would write a feature article for the school newspaper. The article would discuss our school's environmental do's and don't's, and the role it plays in the environmental world. It would also compare schools across the countrys' carbon footprint with our own school. This assignment would be very informative and would be accessible to many students since all students receive a copy of the school newspaper in advisory. Yay

2 comments:

Miller said...

Good luck Nicole. You have some interesting ideas and I look forward to reading it.

You will have to do your research on the school and our carbon footprint, but I know you are up to the challenge.

kelsey rules the world said...

http://www.thecherryblossomgirl.com/