Monday, September 22, 2008

Benefits of Using a Blog

I believe using a blog in this class can help me access information I need for other classes. For example, if one of my collegues posts a new blog pertaining to biology and I need some help for a biology homework assignment, I can access their blog and use their information to assist me in my studies. I can also use the blog to learn in this class by blogging with other users who know the program better than I. The features of a blog can be an important part of my learning in this class. If I need opinions or points-of-views on a controversial topic, such as politics, I can blog with many others to access their opinions quickly and in a centralized location that is easy to access. These are all benefits of using a blog, but there are drawbacks as well. Blogs have many features and it is difficult to utilize the features if the program is new to the user. Newer blog programs can cause denied access for some features in the program, leading to an incomplete page. Also, blog postings are available for thousands of people to see. The blog content is open to the public, so it is important that a user does not post a lot of personal opinions and beliefs on their blog if they do not want to be bothered by other user's criticism.

No comments: